Camping is an enriching experience for most people. Why does it make us feel so happy? Here are our top 10 reasons:
- Camping frees you from distractions and allows you to connect with your mates, family and partner in the great outdoors.
- Natural sunlight stimulates serotonin, which reduces stress and improves your mood.
- Nothing beats breathing in the fresh air when you reach your campsite.
- Camping can help you build problem solving and outdoor survival skills.
- Being outdoors can encourage you to be active and exercise (with a great view!).
- Being far away from shops and restaurants means you learn how to be resourceful and cook for yourself.
- It forces us to escape dependency on technology and re-connect with the natural world.
- Research has shown that two weeks of camping will improve your body’s sleeping rhythms.
- The freedom of outdoor life allows you to enjoy life and be in the moment.
- The beautiful outdoor landscape will remind you to appreciate the beauty of mother nature and gain new perspective on your life.
How does camping improve your life?